Saturday, September 13, 2008

Birthday Breakfast

A friend and I made our way to a diner in Sellwood I have seen often but never investigated. I had an immediate sensory, "I LIKE" entering the tiny, bright, retro space. The extra chit-chat on the menu placed it in a special heart place. For example:

The "Special Order" Yes we know who you are; you're the one trying to impress everyone within earshot that you can create something really "Awesome"......Here at Bertie Lou's Cafe you will find us to be Culinary Prostitutes and we'll cook anything you want, any way you want...for "enough" cash.

I think that's close to what it said. I may have to get back there and double-check for accuracy. And try another of the five or ten menu items that called to me.

good flipping grief!: http://community.livejournal.com/vintage_ads/88173.html
.

No comments: