Thursday, December 19, 2013

FRSC November/December Merge

Due to the holidays I merged November and December into the first Friday of December. The theme, fitting for holiday season, was Family Stories. Everyone had to come prepared to tell a true tale of family times. They also had to bring a favorite childhood food. By evening's end, I had a collection of the strangest facts and 'interesting' flavors.


INVITATION
The Holidays. They are coming, or are here, depending on when you start fixating on them. They are getting in the way of the FRSC schedule. Kind of lame!
The FRSC will not compete. It is above that sort of thing. Instead, there will be a combined Nov/Dec supper. 

Date: December 6, Friday
Time: 6:30 pm / supper at 7:00 pm
Theme: Family Stories
Details: Did I mention it’s the holidays? We are excited, or cringing, or both, about seeing Aunt Sue, Cousin George. Mom. Dad. The whole cast of characters. What better way to prepare than sharing some family foible: a legendary story of your hi-jinks as a toddler, the worst thing your sister ever did in junior high, the joke that neighbor kid pulled on your dad.

Tell on yourself, tell on your siblings, tell on the dog, or tell on your teacher. Please, tell us!

DETAILS
Hello all,
I'm very excited to have you all over in few weeks!

A Carroll family story is the supper where my kindergarten self finally got her way, via unstoppable whining, and ate all the Nalley’s Chili she wanted. Nalley’s was a treat and one of my most favorite food items in the world. I ate until it hurt and then I ate some more. It was bliss. Until it wasn't.... Not long after leaving the table my evening took a terrible, terrible turn and I learned a hard lesson about gluttony.

What We’re Eating
Nalley’s Chili! JUST KIDDING. But along those lines: Bring something you couldn't get enough of as a kid. Or, bring a ‘remake’ of whatever it was if it’s just too disgusting to eat the original.

Let me know if it’s an app/drink/main/dessert etc. I’ll play the responsible grown-up and fill in any gaps to ensure there’s a well-rounded meal. And a story - don’t forget your story!


No comments: