Thursday, June 15, 2006

Complicated


Sigh. WELL. I had a request to update my blog. But I have nothing exciting to report, so I thought I'd post a picture of what WOULD be exciting.
I am spending a lot of hours at the office and then my home hours are spent staring at a wall and recuperating. There's a scene in Bridget Jones where she is envisioning dying alone and being eaten by wild dogs. That's my frame of mind this week. Self-pity, wallow, wallow....

Movie of the week: Little Caesar, 1931, Edward G. Robinson. Watch this and see the seedbed for every gangster/mob movie hereafter. You can feel the uneasy, yet giddy transition from silent to sound as gunshots explode without any music building the moment and victims fall with just the quiet frisson of old film as accompaniment.
Favorite, tight-lipped, muttered growl of a quote: I'm gonna get that square mug if it's the last thing I do!

No comments: